Friday, October 2, 2009

A Weight Lifted

Welcome to Fall friends and family!! My absolute favorite season is finally poking its head out. I was happy all day on Wednesday after walking out of my house to a cool, crisp morning. Aside from the change in weather, I can tell Summer is on the way out because my calendar isn't quite as full.

As busy as we have been, we have had a ton of fun!! Between weekends with the family, visiting with friends, weddings, the high school reunion and all the other many gatherings we have created some great memories. However, through out all of it, I have had a small worry in the back of my mind. Several blogs ago I mentioned that Mackenzie's pediatrician said he wanted her to put on some weight. After an agonizing month, we hoped that she was gaining enough weight to alleviated any concern the doctor had. Although we had no idea what that was. We didn't know if he just wanted to see that she had gained something or if he was looking for her to gain a certain amount. Finally we had her appointment this week. She has put on 1lb. 3oz. and the doctor is thrilled!! (Whew!!) It seems Mackenzie may just be a bit smaller than the average baby. And it turns out that Chris was a skinny little thing until he was about 9 -10 years old, so it's probably just genetic.

Talk about relief!!! I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest when the doctor walked into the room. I know it may seem trivial to what some other parents handle, so I tried to relax and just remembered how lucky I am to have such an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL family!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment