Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Girl's Trip

In the dictionary, next to the word "slacker" you will see a picture of me.

If anyone is still periodically checking to see if I am blogging, you'll be thrilled, I'm sure, to see a new post after a mere 4 months.

To bring you up to speed....
May = Joanne's wedding in Boston. First airplane ride with Mackenzie was a great learning experience and never a dull moment. :) Truthfully...not as bad as I was imagining.
June= Recovering from a super fun and busy trip to Boston, while trying to survive until going on vacation to the beach.
July= Fourth of July with family and the much anticipated, annual beach trip. Awesome!!

That brings us to August. This August I went on my first girl's trip ever with my best friend Brandy!!

After an 11 year friendship, dealing with the ups and downs of life, and staying in touch while in separate countries, we took a girls trip. I rented a condo in Destin with a pool and just a few minute walk to the beach. We watched movies, laid on the beach, floated in the pool, drank TONS of margarita, slept in late, cried, LAUGHED and had an overall fantastic time!!!! I can't wait for the next one! There is nothing like a trip with just girls. Don't get me wrong, I love vacationing with my husband, brother-in-laws, and dad, but I enjoyed being in the pool and not being splashed with water guns and cannon ball jumps. Also, we got to watch girly, romantic, chick-flicks with NO groaning.

I highly recommend it to all ladies!! Grab your moms, sisters, friends, a bathing suit, your choice of adult beverage, and hit the road.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww I love you so much and cannot wait for the next trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for girl trips!! They are like food for the soul.

    ReplyDelete