Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Reunion

So this coming weekend, I have a class reunion. Now, I wasn't really the "coolest" person in high school per say, but I really did enjoy it. Since high school, I have really come to grips with the fact that I am a TOTAL dork and I have learned to truly embrace it. I wasn't so secure back then and I have some mixed emotions now.

I did not wear the latest Gap and Abercrombie and Fitch clothes, I wasn't in the high school sorority, I wasn't involved in all the popular clubs, I have NO athletic ability and I was not the smartest in any subject. However, I was part of one awesome group!! I am actually closer with more of my high school friends than I am of my college friends. I'm not really sure how we did it, but to this day we make the effort to see each other during the summer and at holidays. We've traveled for weddings and special occasions and we are still very close. Even our significant others have comfortably settled into the group with ease.

We joke about why we're going to the reunion in the first place because we all see the people from high school that we want to anyways, but I think we'll be excited to reconnect with some that we were close with at the time and just seemed to drift apart from after school. I feel very strong that a person can make a big impact on your life even if you do not stay close forever. It could be a good or a bad impact, but it makes you who you are.

Through out the embarrassing moments (that I would just LOVE to forget!!) I made a lot of great friends. My friends and I made a lot of great memories and we continue to make great memories as we have transitioned to adulthood. It is because of my friends that I want to go back to revisit the good ole days and long ago friends.

So, I will tackle the reunion with confidence and excitement! And hopefully my HOT, Scottish husband on my arm and a load of adorable pictures of my daughter, I can blow them all away!!

1 comment:

  1. This is Caitlin. I'm logged on under my work account. Anyway, way have fun and I know you will blow them away with your BAD self!! :-)

    ReplyDelete