Sunday, September 6, 2009

Oh, How Life Has Changed

Although the transition to parenthood has brought many changes to my life, I really felt the switch over the past week. For any non-parents reading, I apologize if this post seems odd, but for all the parents out there I am sure you will understand.

Mackenzie had an appointment with the pediatrician a few weeks ago and we basically found out that she needs to put on a bit more weight. (Who'd a thunk Chris and I would produce an under-weight child?!?!) Of course, I'm terrified, but the doctor said to just increase her solid foods from what we were giving her and come back in month for a weight check. I'm really trying to keep things in perspective, I'm following the doctor's orders and not worrying...much.

Well.....the increase in solid foods has caused some..... "intestinal discomfort," if you know what I mean. My poor little girl has been so uncomfortable and unhappy. It was so hard to see her like that. She would cry, I'd pick her up to comfort her and she'd just bury her little head in my shoulder out of pure exhaustion. She was so tired and pitiful. :( The evenings were hard because she was hungry, but didn't want to eat and all the energy she'd had during the day was just gone.

Despite it all, she was doing so well. She could relax at night while she was sleeping and feel a little better in the mornings. We tried several things to help. Dark Karo syrup was suggested by the doctor and the internet suggested prunes and green veggies. Apparently prunes aren't Mackenzie's fav right now, but peas and carrots are really popular!! We've since learned that carrots do not help the "intestinal problems," but she was definitely enjoying them here.



She is now feeling much, much better!!! As we tried all the various remedies, we continued to hope that she would be "relieved" of her pain. When it did finally happen Chris and I had never been so happy!! We were truly, blissfully excited that our daughter had pooped!!! There, I said it!!!

Oh, how life has changed. However, as I laugh at Chris and I in our new found joy, I welcome the most important change our lives have had....the beautiful little face that tops my blog!! I can see it now.....change is a-comin'!!



2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures!!! And so glad she does not have her own wee Earl to deal with!! :)

    ReplyDelete