Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Our Annual Pilgrimage

Well, I can finally say that we are on the downhill slide to my family's annual pilgrimage to the beach!!! HOLLA'....Woot Woot!!!!
(Many of my family would have started the count down a while ago, but I had to wait a little while before I actually said it, otherwise I would go nuts.)

Now when I say my family, I mean my parents (2 grandparents), 2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, 1 niece, 1 nephew, 1 daughter and 3 dogs...aka...Mom, Dad, Mendy, Alan, Emma Kate, Alden, Caitlin, Mack, Chris, Me, Mackenzie, Darwin, Mille and Sunday. When we go to the beach it's all about chil-laxing!! We rent a house and do pretty much whatever we want. We all chip in for the house, food and adult beverages (although Mom and Dad definitely give the most). We take turns cooking dinner, eat out once and order pizza one night usually. No wild parties, cruising the strip, crazy bars or waking up wondering where that tatoo came from. It's all about beach bumming, pool swimming, game playing, movie watching, food eating, puzzle doing(??) and, of course, beer drinking.

We all LOVE it and look forward to it every year! My husband's been counting down for 16 weeks. It is the vacation where we get to rejuvnenate and rest. We create memories that are truly unforgetable. Here is a quick list of some of my favorite memories.

1. The one where Mendy was the "hint" for EVERY Taboo card. ("This is what Mendy is!"~"This is what Mendy is doing!"~"This is what Mendy will be in the morning!"
2. The one where Chris and I saw a UFO.
3. The one where Mack was almost killed by a crab.
4. The one where Alan knew way too much about make-up and Friends (according to Mendy).
5. The one where Caitlin showed much love to the Bubba Keg.
6. The one where Emma walked for the first time.
7. The one with Hurricane Dennis.
8. The one where Dad played golf with antique clubs.
9. The one when Mom swears she wants to play the game and then falls asleep.

I can't wait for the beach!!!!!!! Only 2 days left!!!

2 comments:

  1. No cruising the strip? Where is the fun in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ginny!!!! I'm in stitches! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete