Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm On a Boat

Metaphorically speaking, the boat that took me and the family to St. George Island for our family vacation finally made it back home to the daily grind. We spent a week on St. George Island enjoying a beautiful view from our fantabulous house and wonderful weather!! We couldn't ask for a better atmosphere. It was a week of "firsts" for us as well. For Mackenzie, it was her first beach trip.


(That is actually ocean water in the baby pool with some sand, compliments of Alden.)

Mackenzie also had baby cereal for the first time while we were on vacation.

Emma Kate also swam in the deep end of the pool by herself with no floats or anything. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that. Sorry Emma!! :(

Now that small children are involved in the annual trip, our comings and goings are slightly adjusted to meet their needs, so things are not always movie-perfect. People....we are our own freak show!! If someone watched a movie of our trip, they would probably come away from it saying, "What the hell?!?!" or "Holy crap!!" There was a kitchen island that my mom designated for booze only, special ice for the margaritas, a keg in one of the bathroom showers and various baby items thrown about the house. If someone had heard the common conversation, they would have inevitably heard the following:


"Alden no!!"

"Millie, Sunday...Chill!!"

"OOhhhh, auuuuwwww!!!!!" (Mackenzie)

"I'm on a boat!"

"Sensuous?!?!?"

"Where's my drink?"

Needless to say, it was a great trip!! We definitely made some great memories. Here are some of my favorites.




I would actually add some more pictures, but I am somehow adding them the hardest way possible and it's taking forever. If you want to see more pictures and you are my friend on Facebook, check them out there.
And now, I am off to bed with my nautical themed pashmina afghan. Night!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Gin!!!! Hilarious as usual. Makes me smile just to hear "I'm on a boat". Of course I imagine it in Mack's voice.

    ReplyDelete