Monday, August 24, 2009

A Good Ending

Well....last week was a pickle. You know how bad things usually happen in 3's? I guess Fate decided to give me a bonus, because I counted 4.

1. I stubbed my toe and broke it on my husband's big ass "muckle" shoes.
2. Mackenzie woke up one morning at 5:30 ready to eat. (She usually sleeps until 6:45 - 7:00.)
3. Someone from work turned to me one day and said, "Umm...you're not...you're not expecting are you?" (Seriously?!?!?! ~ FYI Men, if you do not know for a FACT that a girl is pregnant, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!) My "No" response was professional and light-hearted as to keep from losing it.
4. Lastly, which is the worst, I found out someone I know passed away of a heart attack. I didn't know him really well, but it was just really sad. He was such a happy guy and too young to die.

However, in spite of everything that happened there was a good ending. The weekend was relaxing and fun. Chris, Mackenzie and I went shopping on Friday, I cleaned our house on Saturday and on Sunday Mackenzie and I went to the Infantry Museum with my parents.

Also, after much deliberation and weighing of facts, Chris and I purchased a new laptop. (Which I am using right now!!!) I have been wanting to get either a laptop or a netbook for a little while now so I can sit my lazy ass on the couch and check e-mail, play on Facebook, continue my vigilant search for organic facts and, of course, blog. Chris was able to get a sweet deal from Big Lots and it actually ended up being cheaper than the netbook I was looking to buy. Already I am totally addicted to it!! I wish I could take it to work with me, but I'm sure that's against policy and plus I doubt I would get any work done. How did I ever live without it?!?!?

Overall, everything ended up pretty good and I think I have to dedicate it to my husband, Chris. It may have started badly because of his shoe, but his knowlegde, help and advice about the laptop was wonderful. I'm going to believe that an optimistic attitude will carry me through to the next week and hopefully further.

2 comments:

  1. A guy I worked with in the UK last year. He was in his early 40's and died of a heart attack.

    ReplyDelete